Making the decision to replace your roof is a big one and should not be taken lightly. After all, the roof is the most structurally significant part of the home. While it’s sometimes difficult to know if it’s time to replace your roof, there are a few signs that will help you determine when your Florida roof should be replaced.
3 Signs It Is Time to Replace Your Florida Roof
- Your Neighbors Are Replacing Their Roofs: In most cases, neighborhood houses are built at the same time, which means that all the roofs on your street are likely the same age. If you notice your neighbors are replacing their roofs, it might be time to replace yours, too. Additionally, yours and your neighbor’s roofs will be experiencing the same wear and tear from the weather and elements, so something that damaged your neighbor’s roof might have damaged yours, as well.
- You’ve Decided to Move: If you have decided to relocate to a new home, it might be a good idea to replace your roof to increase the curb appeal of your house. Potential buyers might be more interested in your house if they know they won’t have to replace the roof as soon as they’ve made the purchase.
- Your Roof Is Old or Damaged: Florida is no stranger to hurricanes and turbulent weather, which increases the chances of your roof being damaged over time. On average, roofs can last anywhere from 10–20 years depending on the upkeep and environment. Unfortunately, this lifespan can be cut short if your roof sustains storm-related damage. If your roof suffers damage or is nearing the end of its average lifespan, then it may be time for a roof replacement.
How Can You Tell You Need a Roof Replacement
- Granule loss
- Blistering or bubbling shingles
- Bald spots
- Curling shingles
- Rotting shingles
- Buckling shingles
- Algae growth on the shingles
When Is the Best Time of Year for a Roof Replacement in Florida?
In Florida, the best time to replace your roof is going to be in winter or spring. This is because summer and fall are when Florida typically experiences its worst weather. If you choose to reroof your home during the summer or fall, the process might be delayed due to hurricane season or Florida’s consistent summertime afternoon thunderstorms.
Your Local Central Florida Roof Replacement Professionals
If you’ve decided it’s time for a new roof, rely on the professionals at RBS Construction & Roofing. Established in 2004, our experts are capable of providing you with an affordable, worry-free roof replacement or construction. To learn more about our services or to schedule a free consultation, call RBS Construction & Roofing today at 407-859-8163.