Deciding to replace your roof is one of the biggest decisions and investments you will make for your home. Because of its protective aspects, your roof is perhaps your home’s most significant structural component. Having a damaged roof compromises the safety of the exterior and interior of your home, so it’s important to invest in a roofing material that will be able to shield your property from any severe outdoor elements. One such material that can ensure your home and family is kept safe is metal roofing.
Top 5 Metal Roofing Benefits
Metal roofs not only provide shelter, but they can also benefit your home in various ways that you may not have considered.
The benefits of metal roofs include:
- Long-Term Durability – Compared to asphalt shingle roofs, which last 10 to 20 years, metal roofs are expected to last 40 to 70 years, if not longer. Stone-coated steel and standing-seam roofs are known to last a lifetime if installed professionally.
- Resistance To Extreme Weather – Florida is known for its unexpected weather conditions. Fortunately, metal roofs can withstand most extreme weather conditions such as hail, wind, heat, and fungi growth.
- Cost-Effective Value – Metal roofs cost 2–3 times more than composition roofs to install; however, your investment in a metal roof will be worth the money in the long run due to its longer lifespan. Metal roofs are also economically beneficial because it makes a home look more attractive for potential buyers, increases resale value, and reduces your overall energy bills.
- Ensures Home Safety – The lightweight build of metal roofs makes it easier to maintain the structural integrity of a home. Metal roofs are also fire resistant and ideal for areas that are prone to wildfires.
- Supports Sustainability – Metal roofing can be made of 25–65% recycled material, is 100% recyclable, and does not contain petroleum products.
How To Know When To Replace Your Roof
There are a few signs that indicate when it’s time to have your Florida roof replaced. In most cases, neighborhood homes are built at the same time, so if your neighbors are installing new roofs, it’s a sign to get yours done as well. Another reason to replace your roof is if you decide to move, as you would want to increase the appeal and value of your home. Lastly, damaged roofs caused by hurricanes and other extreme weather conditions can lead to leaks or collapse. If your roof’s integrity has been compromised by a storm, it will likely need a replacement.
Trust the Reliable Metal Roofing Experts at RBS Roofing
From metal roofing to asphalt shingles, our reliable professional roofers at RBS Construction & Roofing can help recommend the best roofing material to fit your home’s needs and desired look. With over three decades in the roofing industry, RBS Construction & Roofing is a locally- and family-owned and operated roofing business in Orlando, Florida. Our team of experienced craftsmen offers residential and commercial quality roof installations and repairs in the Central Florida area. If you are in need of reliable and affordable roofing services, call the professionals at RBS Roofing today at 407-859-8163 and schedule a consultation.