Being a homeowner is synonymous with home repairs, which are inevitable—especially in a state like Florida where hurricane season is a threat every year. For example, natural disasters, old age, or wear and tear over a span of years will eventually cause your shingle roof to be damaged, leaky, and in need of repair or replacement.
When it comes to replacing your shingle roof, you will want to be sure that it is done properly and professionally to ensure the safety of your home and those living inside of it.
Here’s everything you need to know about a shingle roof replacement.
Signs You Need to Replace Your Shingle Roofing
From severe storms to a roof reaching the end of its life span, there are a variety of reasons that would necessitate a roof replacement. If storm-related debris causes serious damage to your roof, then a full shingle roof replacement may be covered by your homeowner’s insurance. Furthermore, if your roof has exceeded its lifespan and is, therefore, more vulnerable to damage, it would be more cost-effective to replace it than repair it.
The Shingle Roof Replacement Process
It is important to know what to expect during a shingle roof replacement process. Once a professional roofer completes an evaluation and determines that a roof replacement is necessary, they will provide you with an estimate. When you sign the agreement, your roof replacement will begin.
The following is what you can expect from the process:
- The materials are ordered – Once the estimate is agreed upon and the type of roof shingle is chosen, the necessary materials are ordered by the roofing company and shipped to your home.
- The schedule is determined – A schedule is made based on your and the roofer’s availability. Weather reports will also be taken into consideration because it can slow down the process.
- Your property is prepped – After the materials have arrived, your roofer will send a team to lay down a tarp and protect nearby plant life and trees from debris falling from the roof.
- The old roof is removed – Your old shingles will be stripped and removed from the roof. The roof deck may also be removed depending on the changes being made and the type of shingles ordered.
- The new roof is installed – Once the old roof is removed, the new roof can be installed. The expected project length can vary based on multiple factors including workers’ availability, weather, and shingle material, but overall it usually only takes a few days.
- The new roof is inspected – After the roof is installed, your roofer will inspect your property and ensure it is free of any nails and debris not caught by the tarp. A roof inspection will also be conducted to ensure it was installed to code. If everything meets the standards, then you will pay the roofer and the job is complete.
Your Central Florida Source for High-Quality Shingle Roof Replacements
To ensure your shingle roof is properly replaced by professionals, contact RBS Construction & Roofing. With 35 years of experience in the roofing industry, we are a local, family-owned and operated roofing business in Orlando, Florida. Our team of experienced craftsmen provide superior residential and commercial roof installations, repairs, replacements, and emergency roofing services in the Central Florida area.
If you are in need of high-quality and affordable roofing services, call the professionals at RBS Roofing today at 407-859-8163 to schedule a consultation.