With so many different types of roofs on the current market, it can be difficult to determine which roofing material is right for you and your home. Of the many diverse types that you can choose from, metal is one of the most durable and long-lasting.
If you are considering investing in a metal roof for your property, here are some of the advantages and disadvantages of metal roofs for residential homes.
Advantages of Metal Roofs
Some advantages of metal roofs include:
- Longer Lifespan – If properly maintained, a metal roof can last as long as 70 years. This is over double the typical lifespan of the average asphalt shingle roof.
- Environmentally Conscious – Most metal roofs are made in part with recycled materials, making metal roofs one of the more environmentally-friendly roofing options available.
- Fire Resistant – If you live in an area prone to forest fires or lightning strikes, metal roofs are an excellent option because they are fire resistant.
Disadvantages of Metal Roofs
Some disadvantages of metal roofs include:
- Higher Price – When it comes to cost, metal roofing is one the pricier options on the market.
- Potential Noise – Some report that the sound of rain or hail falling on a metal roof can be rather loud. However, this complaint may only be an issue depending on where you live.
- Ability to Rust – Homeowners with metal roofs must be particularly careful that water does not pool anywhere on the roof for long periods of time because a saturated metal roof may start to develop rust.
Your Central Florida Metal Roof Installation Experts
If you are interested in installing a metal roof on your Orlando property, RBS Construction & Roofing can help. Family owned and locally operated, RBS Construction & Roofing offers high quality and professional roofing installation services to residential and commercial property owners in Central Florida. With more than three decades of experience in the roofing industry, our experts are equipped to provide you with a durable and wind-resistant metal roof installation.
For more information on our affordable roofing services, call RBS Construction & Roofing today at 407-859-8163 and schedule a consultation.